Saturday, May 15, 2010

Welcome to the Family

 
Princess had her kittens on Stella's Birthday.  5 cute little things.  She had them on the 3rd shelf in our Potting Cabinet outside.  Jonah moved them down to the "maternity suite" aka the cat house and she kept them there for the first week.  One morning we came down and they were gone.  She moved them in the middle of the night.  They are in the forest somewhere and hopefully she will bring them back up when they get bigger.



We've been talking about getting another dog for a few years now.  Argus will be 11 this fall and I really wanted to get a puppy to help him feel youthful and also to be already established in our family incase of any likely unfortunate events that may happen in the nearer future of Argus' life.  The reality is that I can't handle a puppy right now.  I don't want to try to train a puppy with a 1 year old who is an unreliable napper.  You either end up with a poorly trainined dog or baby.  Either way I'll pass.  Plus I'm just not ready to deal with the potential chewing, digging, jumping, biting.  Ugh.
It came to our attention that our friends Justin & Samantha needed to find a home for their dog, Molly.  Their son is allergic to her and they have been looking for a good home for her.  I jumped at the chance to get a grown up dog (She is 4) that is nearly out of the annoying teen dog faze and is not being given away for bad bahavior.  The girls were thrilled we got a girl dog to be Argus' "wife".  Argus and Molly get along great and it has definatly shaved years off of the way Argus acts.  We have a hard time not calling her Zoey since she is the same size and looks just like our friends', the Doty's, dog.  
Once we got over her shedding (wow. way more then Argus), we are pleased with our new pet.

1 comment:

samantha said...

OH this made me cry! I'm sorry I should have told you she was getting rid of her winter coat. =)I know it's really bad, I kept thinking that it was enough hair to cover several dogs.