Sunday, June 20, 2010

Among the very best

I know this is the time of year when everyone says generic statements about how their husband is the best dad and I love hate to brag, but I have to say that this man, Jonah Lang is truly that.
He is not just a great man as evident by even just the moment I met him.  He was kind, funny, respectful.  He instantly sought to be a peacemaker in my family.  True story, on my grandmother's deathbed she took my hand and said to me: "Becky, I just want you to know how much I love Jonah."  Those were her last words to me.
He has always been a hard worker and has done whatever it took to support our family.  I have always been impressed by his humility.  Even working jobs I felt were beneath him when times were tough. 
He is a hands on dad.  Dancing, tea parties, little house on the prairie play...taking our girly girls fishing and hiking, dirt digging.  He is a rock star to them and they yell and holler when he gets home from work.
The most impressive thing about Jonah is that he is a lover of me, which I know is a very difficult job at times.  He is ever patient with my stubbornness and my sassy moods.  Here it is, 11 years after our wedding and he is still in full pursuit of my heart (He already has it, but shhhh....I'm enjoying the chase).
What did I ever do to deserve this man?
Happy Father's Day to the real World's Greatest Dad!

No comments: