Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cancer makes me want to cuss

Reasons my sisters cancer makes me want to cuss:

  • Being told that she is very serious, but not having surgery openings for 3 weeks
  • Not having her actual diagnosis and treatment plan until after surgery
  • The thousands of possibilities said diagnosis and treatment plan could be
  • The feeling that I can only be one or the other: tough as nails or a pile of mush.  I've spent the last 12 days being as tough as nails and 2 hours last night being a pile of mush.
  • Wanting to come up with something funny: a cool slogan, name for her cancer, tee shirt....anything to make it be funny and get it away from being serious
  • Having no control over her cancer, treatment, her schedule
  • Feeling like I have no control over my schedule
  • Feeling like"my life" is being interrupted by her emergency and knowing that thinking that means I'm a selfish jerk 
  • All the possibilities of what could happen to my sister this year and the rest of her life

1 comment:

The Anderson's said...

1. Go cuss. Seriously. Go out somewhere your girls can't hear you and scream awful obscenities. It will make you feel better.
2. 12 days of stone and 2 hours of mush isn't a bad ratio at all.
3. You're not a jerk. Your life IS being interrupted.
4. Remember to take time for yourself. A burned out Becky isn't going to do anybody any good.

XOXO