Friday, November 27, 2009

Thirty

Here are my words of wisdom about being thirty:
1. When you are thirty, nothing on your resume refers to anything done in high school.
2. When you are 20, you want a high paying job to pay for the things you dream of getting. When you are thirty, you want a high paying job to pay for all the things you already own.
3. When you are 30, Midnight is the new 3 am and 7 am is sleeping in.
4. When you are 20, you want to look 25. When you are 30, you want to look 25.
5. When you are 20, you never think any of the weird growing older things will happen to you. By 30, you know it's ALL true!

My 30th Birthday was amazing. Jonah threw a surprise party at a really nice restaurant in Corvallis. They even reprinted the menus with a Birthday message for me! Nearly all my closest friends came and we laughed our heads off. I got to wear the new dress I got at Anthropology and heals... I felt so grown up! I still laugh to myself about how it can even be possible that I've been alive for 30 years. I am so thankful. More about this in my next post.

No comments: