Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Fun




Doesn't Charlotte look thrilled? My cute Easter girls!

















As a Child, Easter is the only holiday I remember looking forward to being with family. The grandparents I lived near during my childhood didn't enjoy little kids so for Christmas, Thanksgiving etc we were always sent to a back bedroom to play. Easter on the other hand was different. My Grandpa Tom, stern then, would go out to his barn and hide piles of jelly beans for us to find. I remember being so excited for the hunt. Jumping around his hay piles... sometimes finding more then you expected when you'd come across a rogue chicken's nest. It never occured to me to be grossed out that he'd set the jelly beans directly onto the feed bins where cows mouths chomped up their feed. He always said it was his favorite holiday too since the rest of the year he would come across un-found jelly beans while doing his chores.
My parents have taken on the challenge of the barn hunt. Treats enclosed in plastic eggs, thank you!
Hunters: Adrianne, Stella, Faith, Caleb & Joy.