Wednesday, March 31, 2010

oh, I'm so crafty! (actually I'm a copycat)













I wish I was so original that I was posting about my own creations. Since that isn't going to happen any time soon...I've been at work lately trying to recreate things I see on other people's blogs.

I bought a set of countdown blocks at Christmas and it was a nice change to a paper chain. The girls are always asking how many days until... and with all 3 birthdays coming I thought a set of countdown blocks for each of them would do nicely. I only have 2 sets done since Michael's only had 4 blocks in stock. I just sanded them lightly, painted them white and then modge podged on scrapbook paper that I had printed the numbers on (and distressed edges with pink ink). The numbers you need are:
0 1 2 3 4 5
0 1 2 6 7 8

Make sure you use a font that the 6 can be turned upside down for the 9. It was very quick and easy.

My next project was to take plastic eggs paint them and then hot glue twine on the bottom. This was much more aggravating to me. How can I, a grown woman, suck at hot gluing things? They turned out cute, despite my ineptness and if I don't look too close, I actually like them.

1 comment:

samantha said...

Very cute! Don't you just love those eggs? I'm planning on making me some of those. Plus they look very cute with your PC bowls.